Monday, May 5

Reading Link Day 9: Si Hinlalaki

During the activating prior knowledge, the students hopping towards their chosen answer.
Our reading material today was "Si Hinlalaki." After we sang songs, we played a game about the five senses. In the previous days, Alexander won most of the games because he was fast. The other kids especially Luis was starting to feel that they would never win against Alex. So, I changed the rule for this game to give chance to the others to win. I told them that the game was not about speed but how well you will do the action that I would tell them to do. Although Alex still garnered a lot of points, the others gained points as well  and was able to receive stars in the end.

Alex and Luis said that they already know the story "Si Hinlalaki." Fortunately, they still listened during the storytelling part. Perhaps because I had finger puppets and they also like the illustrations in the book. 


During Reading



The kids were able to do the engagement activity. During the enrichment, I made them do finger puppets. However, I think giving them 5 finger puppets to work on was too much for Luis and Jayvee. They only made 3 puppets.
The students while making finger puppets

Today, Vladymir was still absent. Cedric was present. In noticed that Cedric behaves fairly nice when Vladymir was not around. But I have to admit too that I kind of miss having Vladymir in class because if he likes the activity he would definitely show his enthusiasm. Back to Cedric... I found out that Cedric is good in playing memory games. During the GOLD part, we played a memory game. The kids flipped cards of family members and they have to pair it with another card with the same name. Cedric was the one who got 4 cards. The others got only 2.

During the independent practice, I ask them to bring out the family picture that I told them to bring. Jayvee and Justine Carl did not bring any. So they drew their family members instead. The kids labeled the different members of the family. Alex was the first one to finish the activity, followed by Luis. I still find it difficult to have the kids stay in one place when they are done with something.

For the TS part, we were able to do the introduction and modelling but the kids were already out of focus. And since it was already time to leave, I just gave them the worksheets for them to do at home. We were not able to do the oral portion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment