Today, our reading material was "Si Daginding." I made them search for pictures related to space travel and had them eat real cheese to associate the moon with cheese. At first I thought the story would be too long for them. But since I was able to hook them, they listened very well during the telling part. The engagement Activities also went well. However, I postponed giving the enrichment part. I intended to give it as the last activity for the day because it takes long to do an enrichment activity. Unfortunately we lacked the time to do it.
![]() |
| Showing the cover of the book. |
![]() |
| Reading the story. |
During recess time, I enjoyed talking to the kids about the movies they had seen.
For the GOLD part, I told them to bring some props of what they want to be when they grow up. Alexander and Jan Deric brought real stethoscope. Justine Carl wore camouflage pants and Luis had a soldier's helmet. I wore a cap worn by a surgeon. We identified the profession of the ones in the picture. Then we played BINGO. At first I wanted them to write the name of the person I would mention but it took a bit long so I just asked them to mark the picture with an X in the bingo card. Jan Deric won the game.
![]() |
| Singing "Ako ay Kapitbahay," a Batibot song. |
For the TS, we had a review of letters M, A and S. The students identified the objects in the flash card and categorized it under M, A, or S. Then, we had sounding of letters and reading of words. In the individual activity, Teacher Julie assisted the kids as I called the students one by one to do oral work. And I was so happy when I asked them to read the words in the card during the oral reading because I realized that I AM MAKING THEM READ, OH MY GOSH! And because there were no pictures, they were really reading the words. Even Jayvee read some of the shorter words. I was just so glad.



No comments:
Post a Comment