Our reading lesson today is entitled "Isang Taon na si Beth" by Rene Villanueva. During reading, we had a game. I formed two groups. I asked students to grab the picture of the things being mentioned in the story. Since the title of the story is "Isang Taon na si Beth," they should pick the card with only one object in it. I think the activity was fun and engaging but Vladymir's group did not follow the directions so they got point deductions.
The sock puppet that I had them made for enrichment activity was a hit. They love the sock puppet so much that they did not want to keep it at first. When I tested making the sock puppet at home, I thought of using Mighty Bond to attach the felt paper and googly eyes. Unfortunately, I punctured the tube of the Mighty Bond and it got all over my hand. I got a hard time removing the stuff from my hand. So, I decided not to use Mighty Bond but to use double sided tape instead. It worked for a bit of time or at least it lasted long enough.
Today, I got help from Julie, a student assistant. I was a bit ashamed that my class was unruly. But, fortunately, Julie seemed to understand my predicament. She even gave me some tips after the class ended.
Because I got help from Julie, I was able to do my GOLD and TS. For the GOLD part, the kids were distracted during the Introduction and Modelling. So, I think that was the reason why they made a lot of errors during their Individual Practice. The lesson for GOLD is "Salitang Magkasingtunog," which according to Teacher Hazelle during the post conference was a nice attempt but probably a bit hard for my set of learners.
For the TS, we learned letter Ii. During the Board Work, I had them look for objects in the picture that started with letter Ii.
My individual activity for the Beginner level was hard for them. I forgot that they could not read yet and so asking them to select the correct word to name the picture was too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment