Friday, April 25

Reading Link Day 6: Sino ang Hari?

Teacher Hazelle told me to try having the CR break first. It was successful. I made them go to the CR as trains. For those who did not want to urinate, I told them to wash their hands instead. Going back, they marched to class as airplanes. Then, I have them go back to the circle. We sang songs. Everyone except for Jan Derick was interested.


The story I told them was "Sino ang Hari?" In our activating prior knowledge, we posed as Diego the Explorer and even Jan Derick participated. They like the hunting of the animals. Then, during the telling of the story, they hopped the way the animals hopped. There was some misbehavior in the earlier part before I told the story. When they did not want to participate, I asked for what purpose were they coming to class. Luis said that the stories in Summer Fun were more interesting. I felt offended and asked them "Why do you come here for?" and Luis answered "To play." So, I felt really hurt and I wanted to tell them how long I spent doing my lesson plan and materials but I know it would be useless. However, when we started wearing animal hats and I told them to go to the places I marked for the animals, Luis said "Ay, mas maganda pala yung story dito." Then I thought, "Okay, fine." I think they enjoyed the jumping parts. But then after that, they were listless so we had a break.

After the break, Jan Derick did not want to join in again. I had them do the first engagement activity. They colored the animals that are included in the story. When it was time for the second engagement activity, I could not call their attention anymore. They kept on playing and running. So  asked them if they wanted to make a puppet tiger. That got their attention. They sat once again and we made the puppets.

Then, they started playing again so I told them that we were having our recess. After recess, however, Vladymir, Cedric, and Jayvee ran after each other. Vladymir was uncontrollable. Later on, even Alex and Luis ran with them. They had me run after the toy horse (made of wood). In order to stop them, I needed to catch and hold Vladymir. Even though I was holding him down, Vladymir would not stop squirming and calling for his other classmates to save him. I spent the rest of the time holding him down. I could not find Jade when I looked out the door. So, I wanted to be firm with Vladymir and told him in a strict voice that I would only release him if he calmed down. But he still would not calm down. There was a point when I thought he was about to cry so I had to soften my voice. He was heavily perspiring. Even the other kids were sweaty because of running. The class was in chaos and I did not know what to do because they no longer listen to my orders. Then it was already time to leave so I asked the others to keep their things and line up.

Today, I started with an excited spirit but I ended with a depressed, frustrated feeling because I only got to finish the GLRCT part.

No comments:

Post a Comment