Wednesday, April 23
Reading Link Day 5: Abutin Natin ang Bayabas
Our story for today was "Abutin Natin ang Bayabas" by Nati Santos and Dinna Santos Polo. I think the kids liked the story because I made it interactive by having them post the animals one after another below the guava tree.
I gave time out to Vladymir and Jan Derick earlier in the lesson because they were misbehaving. I raised my voice and I think they got scared but the effect did not last long. When I saw that Vladymir had become quiet, I asked him to join the group. For Jan Derick, however, he continued his restlessness. He fell of his chair. I was so glad that he did not break his bones. So, after some time, I asked him to join the group. It was story time and I think he would like the story (and because I got scared that he might fall off his chair again).
I think I found something good about Vladymir. When we were eating snacks, he offered his biscuits to his classmates. He was the first one to offer something without being asked to offer anything. I also realized that he loves games but he tends to get sour when he is not winning.
Today, I had some problems with Jan Derick. He simply would not cooperate. I asked him what the matter was and he said that a cockroach was controlling him and it was not him that was making all the fuss. He went out of the room just when I had gathered all the other kids into the circle. If I left the other kids, I would not be able to give them proper instructions. After a while, Teacher Hazelle came into the room to tell me to go after Jan Derick. He went out of the school premises and went to the covered court/gym. The only time he participated was when I was telling the story. He likes stories.
I made an error about where to place my word wall. I posted it near the door which was a bit far from our circle. So when I reviewed the words, some of them got up from the circle and it became hard for me to get them back to the circle.
During the TS, I was able to do two activities (oral and 1 worksheet). I forgot to give the instructions for the worksheet. So, when Jayvee, Luis and I were doing the oral activity, we were interrupted by the others. It was a good thing that Jade was there because she assisted the children doing the worksheets.
The tables and chairs that were provided really helped the kids do their written tasks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment