Monday, April 21

Reading Link Day 4: Ang Mabait na Kalabaw

The picture below was taken during our exercise time. I am glad that they enjoyed it this time around.


The reading today is "Ang Mabait na Kalabaw" by  Virgilio Almario. But I was not able to read it properly because Vladymir kept on playing with Cedric. I followed teacher Hazelle's advice of having him sit close to me. I moved his and Jan Derick's box closest to me. When it was time to read the story, Vladymir would not stop playing with Cedric so I had Vladymir sit on my lap and I hoisted my legs to him so he could not move. But he still kept playing with Cedric.

We have a newcomer today, Jose Gabriel Orbillo. I was the one who gave him the McGinite test so I know him a bit. I am glad that he is not the shy type. He immediately blend in well with the group.

Jan Derick did not participate in one activity. He told his "my tummy aches" excuse again today. I told him I would carry him to his box. But this time, it did not work. He only came to his box when I told him it is time to do the puppet cow for the enrichment activity. He really likes puppets. However, he said that he likes puppets made of socks. So, perhaps next time we will make one made of socks for enrichment activity.

Today is also the first time I implemented a transfer stage. I was not able to do the oral part because they kept playing with the bowling ball and it got so unruly so I opt to hide the ball to get them to do the written ones. I found out that some of my activities for the transfer stage is too difficult because Justine Carl said so himself. He said, "Teacher, hindi ko po ito kaya." And there was also an activity that is too easy that Alexander and Luis finished it very fast.

Since last Sunday was Easter, I had some surprise for the kids. I prepared some Easter eggs. I wanted to have them hunt for it but I used it as a prize instead. I only brought seven pieces with me. It was a good thing that there was an extra egg shell from our toy box and some jellies in my bag because, otherwise, Jose Gabriel wouldn't be able to get any egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment