The reading material today was entitled "Kain, Kumain, Kinain." For the activating prior knowledge, I had them do a sorting activity. They had to clamp the animals using clothespin on the fishing rod if the animal lives in water and on the vine if it lives on land. I think they had fun with the activity but they had a hard time clamping the animals because the string that I used was thin. I should use a wider string next time.
![]() |
| Activating Prior Knowledge |
![]() |
| Engagement Activity 1 |
![]() |
| Engagement Activity 2 |
During reading, I had them stick the picture of the thing or animal that was being eaten on the tummy of the animal eating it. At one point, I drew out the wrong picture of the animal. Fortunately, Jade was there to signal to me my error.
In the first engagement activity, I asked them what would happen if one of the animals in the chain would be removed. I find it quite a bit difficult to get the answer I would like to hear. So, I asked them if they could not eat anymore what would happen to them. That's the time I was able to connect the previous question I asked them.
The students really enjoyed the enrichment activity because all of them love sharks. We did a puppet shark made with clothespin. After making the shark, we had a little role playing activity and we asked Teacher Jade to be the audience.
For GOLD, we had LOOB at LABAS as lesson. I asked them to draw objects inside and outside a box. I think Jayvee was becoming more participative and less shy. His recitation was becoming more frequent. Vladymir was still so active and a bit difficult to control.
For TS, we reviewed the previous letter we studied then introduced letter Bb. They keep forgetting bahaghari as rainbow.
![]() |
| Flashing a card during TS |




No comments:
Post a Comment