Vladymir, as usual, was so active and I had a bit of a hard time with him at the beginning of the lesson. He was showing his butt to Cedric. At first, Alex did not want to participate during the preliminary stuff. Good for me, Alex followed after some prompting andVladymir paid attention after asking him about our rules in the classroom.
Our story today is entitled "Ang Tatlong Pipit." Because it is Mothers' Day on Sunday, I prepared activities that are related to that event as well. The story is appropriate for the event because the three birds in the story are being taught by their mother to fly.
For activating prior knowledge, I posted some shapes in different places in the classroom. And then, I ask one student at a time to get a particular shape. I told them that I lost my pet and that they could help me find it by getting the shapes that I needed. It was a fun activity because they were eager to get the shape I asked them to get and because they tried guessing what type of animal I was forming with the shapes.
During reading, it still surprises me that even without colors the students like the illustrations of the book. They students were intent on looking at the pictures in the storybook. After reading, I had the kids sequence the events in the story. Teacher Hazelle dropped by to give me some instructions. She told me to ask questions about the pictures. I was glad that when Teacher Hazelle came the students were on task and not doing their usual riot.
The students made Mothers' Day cards for enrichment activity. It was a messy activity because we used paint. Good thing I asked them to bring aprons and I had some wet wipes for clean up. I still had trouble with kids going out of the room despite telling them not to go.
We did names of numbers for GOLD. What was fun about this part is the students counted beads as they make bracelets for their moms.I had trouble with distributing beads at first because I placed all the beads in one box. To solve this problem, I placed some in another container for Teacher Julie. Then, some students would get beads from her and some would get from me.
Since we had a lot of activities (making mothers' day card, bracelet gift), we lack the time to do the TS part.
No comments:
Post a Comment