Okay, so I vowed to avenge my Day 13 with a better lesson for Day 14. Today, our reading material is "Si Hugo, Ang Pahamak na Hunyango," which I think was a bit long but it worked quite well with my set of learners. This is perhaps due to the unlocking of difficulty that we had. I showed them pictures a a video of chameleon. They were amazed at the size of the smallest chameleon. And when they watched the short video clip of a chameleon changing its color according to the shades/glasses that owner gives it, the students identified the colors of the chameleon. We watched the video a second time because they liked it so much. They wanted to view a third time but I declined because we would not be able to move on if we did.
During reading, I could see that they really liked the story because everyone was intent on listening. From time to time, Cedric would come up and look at the pictures closer. The engagement activities were okay. I just think that I should have prepared a better Venn diagram for the first engagement activity. Cedric took quite a while to finish the second engagement activity because he was so careful in coloring the chameleons.
Well, moving on to the enrichment activity, they were so excited to make a chameleon. It is a 3-D chameleon. We used some construction paper for the body and some folders for the mouth. The mouth could open and close with a tongue rolling out. It was really pretty to look at. They enjoyed drawing on the body of the chameleon and attaching the head and feet. It took a lot of time to do but it was worth doing it. They loved the chameleon up to the very end. Later, I was even told by Jan Derick's mom that he did not want to put it down. I was so happy to hear that!
For GOLD, we studied opposites. They paired off opposite words with pictures. Our guided practice was done orally. They just need to give me the opposite of the word that I would say. Then for independent practice, they connected the pictures that are opposites with a line.
Since we took a lot of time doing the enrichment activity, we lack the time to do the TS. But overall, I really enjoyed today's lesson and I am sure that the kids did too. So happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment