Wednesday, May 14

Reading Link Day 13: Boom, Bang, Clang

Today, I am not satisfied with the way things flowed out. And of all days, this is the day they chose to be extra noisy and extra naughty when I am being observed by Teacher Hazelle. Such luck! By the way, my most obedient student, Justine Carl, is absent today. Perhaps, one reason why I can't seem to find order today is because Justine Carl is not around.

Anyway, our reading material is "Boom, Bang, Clang." It is different from my other reading materials because it is not about animals. I had them sing Boom Tarat Tarat, which was done okay. But during reading, because I had too few musical instruments not everyone got the chance to play a musical instrument. So next time, I plan to use the musical instrument myself if I could not provide for everybody. Maybe things would turn out differently if I did that.

In the engagement activity, Luis and Vladymir and... everybody... seems to want to do other things. Well, they were able to identify who the characters are but they were not focused when doing the activity. The sequencing event was okay though.

For enrichment activity, although they did their drums, I think they were not as attracted to it as the other activities that they did in the previous lessons (shark puppet, dog sock puppet, etc.). Maybe I should have stuck to puppets because they like doing puppets.

For GOLD, we did names of emotions. We had a game of charade. It was funny because when Jayvee and Cedric did the emotions they were supposed to do, they were smiling so the other students could not guess the right emotion. Vladymir was the best actor for me because he did the "angry" emotion with such passion.

For TS, I had a huge picture of an elephant and they had to draw out a picture from its pocket. Then, they have to say the name of the picture. We also played basketball for oral. If they say the name of the picture, they get a chance to shoot the ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment