Today, I set up my play area, my circle time area, eating area and reading and writing area. Putting up special places for specific tasks works marvels. Today, I didn't have as much of a hard time running after the kids. When I told them not to go beyond the purple line, they followed. It was so much easier.
I also got to give the most basic class rules. However, they still fail to work quietly. And, I should not give too many items for picture sorts because they start to lose attention when there are a lot of things to sort. And there are still lapses in terms of staying on task. I also need to learn more action songs because even though I have some music earlier using my netbook and speakers, the connection sometimes fail to work. I think the jack had some problems so I ended up raking my brains for songs to sing.
I am also glad that at least today we get to do the reading, first engagement activity, and enrichment part. We read "Uulan Ba?" by Nati Santos and Dinna Santos. The students enjoyed doing the animal sounds. But when I tried to have them repeat the story, I lost them. They don't want to re-read it anymore. I hope that on our next session, I would be able to deliver all three engagement activities.
Vladymir is still the rowdiest among my students. I tried to give him some time out. But even when I did that, he was still noisy. He would leave his seat from time to time.
The kid in the picture is Justine Carl and he is an angel. He is very well behaved and follows instructions. I wish all kids are like him (but of course that can't happen).
By the way, Therese was transferred to Teacher Rich's class because I think she needs to be in a class where English is the medium of instruction.
I hope I acquire better classroom management techniques and survive EDR 277. I finally paid my tuition today so that means "No Quitting." Ahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment