Friday, May 17

DRL 6: King Midas and the Golden Touch

During the 6th session, I taught Angel how to write g, k, and t in cursive. Then, I gave her some questions that she has to answer in writing. In general, I think her penmanship has improved.
Writing sample from our 6th session
For the skills development, we changed some words to -ing form. She still commits some mistakes though. That's why in  the picture below, you will see some erasures. 

Sample sentences with words in -ing form
 I think that the story of King Midas and the Golden Touch made a good impact because I asked her to dress up as a goddess. She was shy because we were the only ones in the reading room doing that. But I also think that she liked the activity because she smiled at the camera when I took pictures of her. And then, I showed her a powerpoint of Roman gods and goddesses that I have downloaded from slideshare. When I asked her what kind of goddess she was, she said that she's the goddess of food. 
Angel as the goddess of food
After reading, she was able to get the moral of the story through the GPU and prompts that I throw her. She also liked the enrichment activity of painting flowers with gold and red nail polish.



No comments:

Post a Comment