Wednesday, May 15

DRL 4: The Ugly Duckling

The fourth session I had with Angel, we took up -uck and -ug word families. After identifying words with -uck and -ug and doing the worksheets, we had our spelling words where we used clay to spell the words. I think Angel had liked this activity because it was the first time I made her use clay. The downside was that it took a bit of time before she could write down a complete word.
Spelling words with -uck

As part of activating schema, I asked Angel to encircle pictures of birds on the worksheet. Then, I asked her to do a concept map of birds. Angel made some errors in the first activity. She identified all that could fly (even insects and bats) as birds. So I think, next time I do this activity, I will interchange the order of things.
Concept Map

We made a duck and a swan for the enrichment activity. Below is a sample of what I made and what Angel made. Hers is not as polished but I think she enjoyed doing it.

Teacher-made duck and swan

Angel's version of duck

No comments:

Post a Comment