Using my tablet as medium, I think I was able to get Angel's attention because she was interested for a while. This was the first time I would allow her to manipulate my tablet. Previously, I just used it for recording her voice.
While doing "The World's Greatest Mom" worksheet, I encountered a problem. I asked Angel to give reasons why she considered her mother as the greatest. She could not give any response. Then, I asked her, "For you, is she the greatest mom in the whole world?" She replied with "no." For a few seconds, I was surprised and as I rummaged through my head for questions to ask, I asked myself why she replied with a "no." Then, I asked her if her mother cooks for the family, takes care of her and her sisters, works so that the family can have something to eat, etc. and she replied with "yes" to all questions. I surmised that she has a different definition of what the word "great" means.
| My Mama Is the Greatest worksheet |
| The Story of My Mother and Me Book |

No comments:
Post a Comment