Friday, May 17

DRL 7: The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg

For handwriting, Angel and I did letters "f" and "h." She was able to do the letters but letter "f" still looks a bit awkward when not traced.

What we did new for this lesson is that I made her use an app from my blackberry tablet and read from from there the story of The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg.

A page from the tablet app I used to make Angel read The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg


She was able to read the story more fluently than other texts because the material is very short and contained very simple words. When I say more fluently than the other texts, I mean I did few promptings and she was able to read the lines faster. For comprehending the text, she was not able to get the last part that the goose did not die but magically disappeared. I had to make her re-read that part of the story and asked her if the goose died. I wanted to know if she realizes the similarities and differences of King Midas and the Golden Touch and The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg. I needed to give prompts and asked questions, but I think she was able to get some of the similarities and differences.

The Enrichment Activity was done as an assignment because she has to cook an egg and decorate it. She was able to comply with this and brought to class her output the next day, which we ate during breaktime.

No comments:

Post a Comment