Thursday, May 30

DRL 9: Si Pagong at Si Matsing

I intended to utilize Tom Thumb or Jack and the Beanstalk but when I consulted with Teacher Hazelle, she identified that my student has problems with identifying tricky situations. So she advised that I took up a story  with a tricky character or situation. I ended up using Si Pagong at Si Matsing for my reading text. I like it when Teacher Hazelle gives feedback because there are some things that I still could not recognize unless it was pointed out to me. Also, sometimes when I get comfortable with a situation, I fail to dig deeper.

During the session with Angel, I had some mini lesson about plants. I brought a real plant from home. I think Angel still has limited knowledge about plants. She said that they already planted before in school but when I asked her about uses of each part of a plant, she seemed clueless.
Teaching about plants
Angel liked the illustration of the book. After reading the story, we did the worksheets. I found out that Angel still has some difficulty identifying the feelings of characters. She automatically guesses "sad" if she cannot identify the feeling of a character. This has happened before in previous sessions.

As enrichment activity, we decorated a container and planted some pechay seeds.


Planting pechay seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment