Sunday, April 21

Book Catalog

Okay. It's time to write again. I hope I can find something worthwhile to write.

Lately I've been thinking of digitizing and cataloging the books in our English Resource Center. I have downloaded a free software named BooksDB. I intend to use this in cataloging the books. I have not tried it yet but I hope it works fine. I know it's a mammoth of a task. If I could not find anybody to help me it would really be a gargantuan mammoth of a task.

Anyway, I am excited about this project but at the same time a bit hesitant. You see if I have an idea in my head, I often could not get it out of my mind until I do something about it. So far, I have told our department head about it through FB. She said to come and see her when I have the time so we can talk about my proposal. What I am really excited about is using a barcode scanner. I do not know if my request for a computer and barcode scanner will be granted. That's what's making me excited. Actually, that's my motivation so I hope it will be granted. Wouldn't it be nice if BNAHS has a hi-tech way of lending and returning books? It's easier to monitor the books that way. I am not sure but I think the other public schools in Makati have not done that so far. So, I'm excited about us being the first to do that. I am just copying the system that universities like UP and UST use when they lend books. It will be like OPAC.

Also, I am thinking about making the ERC the place where they hold remedial classes. I have yet to tell this to our department head. I have not seen the renovated ERC. If the space is too small, then my plan would not be possible. I wish that the school will provide air conditioner to the room so the place will be conducive for reading.

Here I go again. I have many things in my head. I hope it will not be a spur-of-the-moment kind of idea that I tend to give up when I get overwhelmed by the task. Perhaps, I should find partners for these plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment